Thursday, June 19, 2008

59 years of tribulations?

Thu 6/19 Blog Prompt: In this exercise write a letter to your spouse/significant other for your 59th anniversary. You can do this in the past, present or future tense.

No tribulations here. Okay maybe a few minor ones along the way, but here is what I would write to Pan 30+ years hence.
Dear Pan,

How many years have passed since we have said "I do?" 59 at last reckoning. It does not seem that long, but I can't recall any other life with as great a clarity.

It has been a life filled with wonder, joy and our own tribulations. But we got through them together, didn't we? And when we first married you promised a lifelong honeymoon, and dearest, you have not failed in providing me one.

It has been fun seeing the grey slowly appearing in your beard and hair, but before you go off on a rampage, it has only served to make you more distinguished.

I am one lucky woman to be able to wake up next to you each morning and lie down with you each night. You are my soul mate; my safety line in life's raging storm.

Thank you, darling, for all the years we had and all the years to follow.

All my love, Tink
Blueberry Grunge ©Jan Hosford; template by Galiscrap; font: DilleniaUPC

4 comments:

loonyhiker said...

What a sweet letter to Pan! You two deserve a lifetime of happiness together!

Anonymous said...

Your LO and letter are simply lovely. *sigh* :)

ArtcTrish said...

Awwwwww how sweet!!!!!! I hope he appreciates this!!

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

*sniff, sniff* .... this is TOO sweet Tink .... you both are PRECIOUS you know!

Hugs,
Linda :)