Monday, June 23, 2008

Crying Over My Tribulations

Mon 6/23 Blog Prompt: Let's start this week's diary entries with: What makes you cry.

As Glynis said: maybe it should have read what doesn't make you cry. :)

Afterthought: In reading Glynis' post while getting her url, it made me remember the firsts: the first day of school, the first sleep over, the first time going to camp. But mostly the first time I drove the boys to the bus for boot camp. I'm not a crier. Not publicly and the boys, of course, know this. I kept up the cheerful demeanor until they were safely on the bus and on their way. But on the way back home the tears fell. For letting them spread their wings, for wondering what life was going to bring (this was pre-9/11) and for wondering if they felt I didn't care because I didn't cry.

Now back to our regularly scheduled post:

For starters though, it is watching my children and grandchildren grow from year to year. First there are the tears of sadness for what is going to be left behind, then come the tears of joy for what is to follow.

I find tears of anger for cruelty to children; seeing parents struggle to make ends meet and failing; for the bigotry, prejudice and injustice that seems to be a part of the human race.

Tears for our military men and women who face adversity throughout their days. Poems and stories about their heroics will always bring a deluge of tears.

But then there are the tears of laughter, the belly-cramping, knee slapping laughter that seems to permeate throughout your body. Especially when it is at a young child who doesn't realize what they have said.

And then there is music. The kind that wrenches at your soul. That enters each and every pore of your body and lifts you to heights that you didn't think you could attain. Music like in the YouTube video below.


As I first saw this at the House of Zathras

Update: Tammy of Personalized Creations sent me a link to Neal Boyd's video. Another must hear.



Song For You ©Snap and Scrap design team; template by Cen's Stuff; Font: Times New Roman

3 comments:

loonyhiker said...

What an awesome video! Thank you so much for sharing this!

Tammy said...

Tink, you can always write how I feel. I loved the video and there is a guy right now on America's Got Talent that is from my home town and is just like the video that you showed on your post. Your heart just goes out to people like that.

Here it is if you would like to take a peek at it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ld2fdY3aNkk

K2 Designs said...

WOW! Sitting here with tears watching Neils video! AMAZING voice. I'm not into opera but he's AWESOME! So many voices out there just waiting for chances like this. TFS