Wednesday, August 01, 2007

www impact & tribulations

Wed 8/1 Blog Prompt: Happy August everyone! According to the website "Daily Holidays of 2007", today is the anniversary of the World Wide Web. Blog Prompt: Tell how the internet has made an impact on your life.

I sit here and stare at a monitor screen thinking how to write about the impact the internet has made upon my life. And draw a complete blank. Oh, it has made an impact, no doubt; but what to write is eluding me.

Most importantly it has allowed family members to keep in touch. Even when I couldn't call Nuke and Scamp, I could email them. When they were in a war-ravaged land or below the ocean waves, it was important to let them know they were being thought of.

It has allowed me to continue learning, book learning that is . Keep current on news that is important to me; not necessarily what newscasters think is important to me. It has allowed my creative juices to flow; given me to opportunity to try new skills I would have never thought I possessed.


Sketch, ©2006 Tina E.J. Raparanta

Poppy kit, (c) Tracy Collins

Summer Picnic alpha, (c) Tracy Collins

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful... such talent... where did mine go???

loonyhiker said...

And isn't opportunities what life is all about! Glad email kept you in touch with your sons during that stressful time! And because of the internet, I have you as my friend!

Anonymous said...

And don't forget sharing your digital scrapbook layouts Tink. Such as the lovely one above.