Saturday, August 25, 2007

Tribulations and Tribulations

Just the other day, I had something I was going to blog about; but low and behold I have forgotten what it was. I could always just discuss the Canon Rebel XTi SLR camera Pan bought me for my birthday. For about the past nine months, I had been reading the reviews on Canon, Nikon and Sony. I scoured all technical references to what was the best mega-pixel; which was going to give me the photos I wanted and which felt better in my hands.

First I decided on the mega-pixels and I decided on 10. I don't have any intentions of printing many larger than poster size pictures and 10 is more than sufficient for the sizes I will be printing. As for the type of photos I wanted, all three would have given me good quality. So the deciding factor was how it felt. And the Canon felt the best. It is small and lightweight so I don't feel weighted down. Even my boss who is a newspaper publisher was impressed with it when I took it in and showed him. That said a lot right there. Then, of course, you couldn't beat the price.

Have to say I am really enjoying having it. But I am still holding onto my Sony Cybershot.

Daydream
Sketch by Pencil Lines; Day Dreams kit, (c) Carrie Stephens; Font: the King & Queen

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

I thought about that camera and a Nikon. After doing lots of research and looking at the cost, I realized that I really didn't need a DSLR camera (because I would never need all those capabilities) and ended up buying a Panasonic Lumix that I'm having to learn how to operate.