Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Herb, Herb. You are a Tribulation

Wed 8/29 Blog Prompt: Today is More Herbs, Less Salt Day. What herb(s) do you like in your food?

Salt would be my first choice and garlic my second, except, if I remember correctly, neither of these are herbs. Oh I see, less salt. I don't use it in cooking except as called for by a recipe, so see I am trying to limit it already.

But as for herbs, those green leafy things that make meals scrumptious, I think my all-time favorite would be tarragon, or maybe cilantro, then there's thyme and rosemary. Oh shoot, I can't make up my mind which is best. I use tarragon the most as I love with it fresh mozzarella and tomatoes sprinkled with Olive Garden dressing. In the words of Rachel Ray.... Yummmmo.

UPDATE: Garlic is related to the onion family and is used in cooking as a seasoning or condiment. For more information on garlic check out Wikipedia.

On a lighter note, would you like to see how you would look as the Burger King King? Then head over here: Pet Moustache


High School
Template and Notepaper alpha, (c) Misty Cato; Educated Mind kit, (c) EvaK Designs™; Remember Word art, (c) Ronna Penner

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Now I thought garlic was an herb. Is it a veggie??

Love the layout, epecially the word art at the top of the page.

Lemon Stand said...

I'm with you. I don't use salt in my cooking but I like it at the table. Garlic is next. Then I think I would have to say dill. I use it in salad dressings and on Salmon (with lemon juice). Yum.

ArcaneFaery said...

In powdered form, garlic becomes an herb!! But I agree, who can pick?

loonyhiker said...

I've never used tarragon or cilantro in my cooking so now I'm going to have to do research on it. Sounds like it could only help my cooking.