Friday, August 24, 2007

Never give up... Never Tribulations

Fri 8/24 blog prompt: One food you would never give up is...

a hard one to consider. But if I really had to make a choice, the winner clearly would be .... (just adding some suspense here) .... Turnip Greens. I love turnip greens, with salt and scallions. Yummy.... Some people I know add oil and vinegar to their greens; but not me. And we are not talking mustard greens or any of the other greens, just turnip greens. Why I would like them and no others is beyond me, but there it is. I could eat a whole pot of them all by myself. So it is a regular free-for-all when mom and I get together with turnips in the mix (just kidding, mom). Now I guess I will have to go buy some for the weekend.


Enthusiast

Template by Teresa Ferguson; Sun Porch kit, (c) Amy Teets; Word art, (c) Johanna Berry; Font: GabbyGauguinSH

5 comments:

Beth said...

Turnip greens, huh?? I've never tried those but you are tempting me!!

Adorable layout below your prompt. Love the colors and the photos!

Tammy said...

A true southern girl and her turnip greens!!

loonyhiker said...

My hubby loves them but I've never been able to acquire a taste for them. I guess I may have moved down south but I'm still a Yankee at heart. I haven't been able to eat grits either!

Unknown said...

For all it's worth. I am not really a Southern Girl, unless you count being from South Dakota. I can't stand grits either and will use cream of wheat in their stead.

ArcaneFaery said...

ooowh turnip greens....yes ma'am....slow cooked, with Loony's salt and some good bacon grease thrown in for flavor! and scallions, now I'm going to have to have some of those too!!!