Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday Tribulations

And tribulations they are. I had a document of stories to use on my blog and I can't locate them anywhere. Oh well. Guess I will just wing it today. Indy is here and is in a "buggy" kind of mood. Yesterday all he wanted to do was watch snake and bug movies. Today happens to be spiders. Strange that it coincides with the "B" movies being played on the SciFi channel. But last night when he had his fill of snakes he wanted more bug movies. You realize that SciFi does not to one to one catering right?

So we watched the only "bug" movie I could think of.... Starship Troopers. Indy was in heaven. It had bugs, spaceships and Marines. No better movie around. Afterwards, I did remember that The Mummy has bugs in it, but not enough for his tastes.

Ooops, I may be wrong about the spider movies, sounds like he has decided to opt out for Commando. He is fasinated with Arnold Schwarzenegger, especially in the Terminator movies. Looks like a new age of Arnold fans has arose. Will have to see if I still have the Conan movies. If not, we just bought The 300 and Bombshell tells me he really likes it.

The child is going to be a movie afficiado before he even begins school. The Princess was like that too, only she favored the Die Hards; Lord of the Rings and, of course, Harry Potter. Her tastes have changed, though, and she is more into the romance/comedy movies.

I would worry more about this, except both the Princess and Indy prefer to be doing other things. Televsion, movies, even video games don't hold a candle to being outside playing, at the pool, reading books or sitting with a sketch book and art supplies.

They will pick certain movies that they want to watch over and over and over again. Much like the Energizer's bunny going and going and going, so that you eventually want to take the dvd and break it in half. The last one for the Princess was Van Helsing; now for Indy it appears to be Starship Troopers.


Good Thing
Template, (c) Monica McGill; Star Ribbon, (c) PaulaYagisawa; Arrow, (c) Christina Wall and Papers from Macy's Outfit kit, (c) Stacy Carlson, All of Gotta Pixel; Quote from Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne; Font: AvantGarde Bk BT

1 comment:

Meg said...

Love the layout! So sweet and quiet.

Emma's big into Transformers right now, I hear about them daily. I fear for the day it comes out on DVD, I have a feeling I'll be seeing it a LOT!

Your Indy is such a character, love his spirit!