Thursday, August 23, 2007

Seasonal Tribulations

Thurs 8/23 Blog Prompt: Thurs. Aug. 23 is Southern Hemisphere Hoodie-Hoo Day -- Long awaited by our Southern-half friends, this is the day to go outdoors at high noon and yell "Hoodie-Hoo" to chase winter and make ready for spring. Do you do something traditional during a specific season (like spring cleaning for example)? If so, what do you do?

We have seasons in Florida? Oh yeah I guess we do. Hurricane and non-hurricane seasons. To get ready for hurricane season I stock up on battteries; start saving gallon milk containers and cleaning them out. Try to make sure my vehicle always has plenty of gas and buy lots of non-perishable food.

The last two years have been a lot tamer than they were predicting, but in the words of the great auror Mad-Eye Moody "Ever vigilant." Them puppies are mean and unpredictable. So no matter what, I always make sure I am ready for the worst case scenerio.


Seize the Moment
Template by Johanna Berry; Express Yourself kit, (c) Ronna Penner

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Living in Florida as well, I forget there is Hurricane and non-Hurricane season. I do the same as you. The weird thing is, I make sure there is plenty of water for the dog and forget there are people in the house.

loonyhiker said...

Not living in FL, I forget about hurricane seasons until I talk to my parents in WPB. I am so worried when I hear that one is headed there way and try to talk them into coming to SC to visit then but no, they stay at home. My stepmom says she has lived there for 30 years and no hurricane is going to scare her away from her home! LOL

ArcaneFaery said...

I've been thru hurricane season, in VA Beach, but not to the extent you all have to go to in Florida. One very mild one there was enough for me. I do not envy you that at all!