Monday, August 27, 2007

Wordy Tribulations

Mon 8/27 Blog Prompt: What are your 10 favorite words

1. victuals (won a lot of bets with this one)
2. zarf (won some with this one too)
3. quiddity (doesn't it feel good rolling around on your tongue)
4. sward (I really wish my front lawn was this; right now it is just dirt)
5. sweven (I need a good sweven right about now)
6. quodlibet (or maybe I just need to invest in this)
7. zaftig (which is what I am)
8. volant (I, myself am not very, but I know a few people who are)
9. velitation (which is what occurs when the Ballerina and Indy are forced to spend 10 hours in a car together)
10. peripatetic (I am not, no, I refuse. Okay maybe I'll give it a try)

Now I shall digress and rant about how no one seems to want me to get any sleep these days. It all started Saturday, at 2:00 a.m. when I woke up. Don't know why, but I did. We had Indy that day and Bombshell was working a double. She picked him up 2:00 a.m. Sunday. So far, up 24 hours. But I wasn't to upset, just tired, because I knew I could sleep in until 9 or 9:30 a.m., before she brought him back for another double day.

Did not work out as planned as KFKAP decided he wanted me up at 6 a.m. and kept nudging my nose until I finally got up. Not happy, not happy at all. Still I managed to get through the day and even got some grocery shopping done to boot. And will wonders never cease, Bombshell made it home by 10 p.m. WooHoo... off to bed I go. And I can't get to sleep. So I read, until 12:30 a.m. Still, as I am drifting off, I don't have to go to work and I don't have Indy so I can sleep in as late as I want, right?

Wrong..... 5 a.m., Pan wakes me to tell me the A/C has gone out again, but this time it is not the motor. He wanted me to know that he had turned it off and opened some windows. In my semi-drowsy state the first thing that came to mind was why didn't just let me sleep; but as I came more fully awake I understand why. If I had woken to an a/c turned off I would have been even more p.o.'d than I was feeling before. So he did the right thing. Now I just have to figure out how to keep cool. The pool doesn't open for another 3 hours.

Seconds? Minutes!
Template, (c) Andrea Gold; Faraway kit, (c) ksharonkdesigns; Corroded Stamp alpha, (c) Atomic Cupcake

9 comments:

Tammy said...

uuuuummmmmmmm..........those are interesting words and you are in Florida with no a/c at this time!! Oh girl. Get the fans a goin. Stay cool

Unknown said...

gosh this poor Aussie is lost with those words - and I couldnt see chocolate there.

mom2triplets04 said...

Wow great words. I never heard of them before. Mine are so lame compared to yours. Good luck getting some sleep and A/C.

loonyhiker said...

What wonderful words! I was thinking that if you used them with different tones of voices, you can make people think you are complimenting them or cussing them out because there is no way they would know what you are talking about! This may be fun for me to do today (that is unless I get beat up by someone who knows the meaning of the word I used!)

Anonymous said...

Geeze, I had to go look some of them up a.g.a.i.n. My mind is gone. Hope the a/c gets fixed today. Too hot.

Lukie said...

Sorry to hear about the A/C I hope you can get it fixed soon. I am just so glad I don't live in FL. We live in the Northeast but my husband refuses to run the central air. There were days when the house reached 92 degree and he said "close the curtains". I finally drew the line when he said he didn't want to run the fan all night. I exploded.

Nicole Young | Urban Wings Art said...

Well, I would say great words, but I don't know the meaning of even one of them!! LOL!!! Wow!!! I need a really good dictionary about now!!!

Glynis said...

How did I know you would be the one with the word list that would make me find my dictionary ? :)

Anonymous said...

mmmm... zaftig :-)