Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tribulations? Seriously!

Tues 8/28 Blog Prompt: Describe the most serious illness you have ever had.

First thing that comes to mind is when I was bitten by a brown recluse. I don't know that that really counts as an illness though. But I sure was sick. Passed out in the emergi-care center, LOL.

I was hospitalized about a year after Pan and I married for asthmatic bronchitis. I went to the doctor because I was having a little problem breathing to be told that it was surprising I was still standing (seems to me the other doctor said the same thing about the spider bite). Apparently I don't experience pain and discomfort the way normal people do and Dr. P & I went on to have a steady relationship over the next 10 years. I think he thought I was an enigma.

I didn't like much about being in the hospital as I missed being able to see my son when his band was playing out of town. Can't say the food impressed me much either. But I did like the massage machine they would thump on my back to help loosen my lungs. Pretty cool and felt good.

On to some good news though. I am back in air conditioning. Yippee. We had AirNow come in to give us an estimate on repairs yesterday and it was the compressor. Pan and I had discussed this before and he felt if that was the case then we might as well go the whole nine yards. So we ordered a new compressor and a/c-gas furnace unit. About an hour after the tech left the owner called to verify that the a/c wasn't working at all. Said something about getting at least the compressor here so we wouldn't melt that night. But talk about pulling out all the stops, he was here by 4:30 p.m., 3 huge trucks and 3 crews with the entire unit. And by 7:30 p.m., we had air. They were great. Pan teasingly says it was because I use to handle the owner's advertising accounts at the newspaper, yet he also says it may be because we ordered top of the line in the mid-section range. We now have a programable thermostat; electrostatic filter and a UV ray light to kill any mold, mildew, etc., before it goes into the duct system. It is probably more of the latter than the former I think. :)



Double Trouble
Template by Mrs. Wresh; Born to be Wild kit, (c) Melany Violette; Fonts: AvantGarde Bk BT; Tattoo Ink

3 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I hear those brown recluse bites are really nasty! I hope I never get one of them!

ArcaneFaery said...

I think I would pass out from FRIGHT before poison if I got recluse bit. I melt at spiders! I am positive it is worse than non-poisonous snakebit, which doesn't really hurt at all. Unless they get your ear.

mom2triplets04 said...

Glad to hear your air conditioning is now working. It's been very hot and humid and I couldn't imagine being without air. Your layout is really cute.