Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Photos, Scrapping and Tribulations

Tue 7/31 Blog Prompt: Take a photo you've been meaning to scrap and write your journaling for it here.

There are so many. Digital photography has really changed how I take pictures. I take hundreds of them at a time. What surprises me is how many of them really come out excellent. But in the vein of today's prompt, how about I journal about the scrapbook page below where I left off the journaling.

I titled the page "Cousins" even though the word does not appear anywhere on the page. The two young ladies, the Princess and the Ballerina are, in fact cousins. But to look at them together one may mistakenly take them for sisters. Even they will call one another sister, furthermore confusing those who do not know them.

Still, the Princess is half Filipino; while the Ballerina is half Japanese. So while they may look similar, their heritage is not. And I wonder as time progresses, if their appearances will become more similar or will each take a different path. Only time will tell.


Template, (c) Michelle Coleman
LimeTea Page Kit, (c)2005 Nancie Rowe

4 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I love the journaling! I think it is cute how they call each other sister! My step daughters who never called me their step mom because I raised them since they were toddlers, looked more like me than their daddy and I'm half Chinese and they are no-Chinese!

Anonymous said...

I love your scrapbook pages sis... since you have a little more time... maybe you can help me!

Glynis said...

That's a gorgeous page, Tink, and the journaling is beautiful. They do look like sisters! But a lot of people look like their cousins because genetically they are so similar (I read that somewhere :) )

Anonymous said...

Great journaling Tink. It's always an interesting journey watching the next generation of your family grow up.