Sunday, July 29, 2007

Wild, Free & Spontaneous Tribulations

Okay, maybe not wild, free or spontaneous, but the fact that I actually am trying to catch up on the blog prompts is (isn't it?).

Mon 7/23 Blog Prompt: What advice would you give to your younger self?

Younger self as in a child or younger self as in a young mother? Oh not designated? well how about I just respond to both then. I would tell child self to pay more attention to my parents. They really did know what they were talking about and could have saved myself a lot of heartache along the way.

If I am talking to young mother self, it would be the same as any other mother would tell her younger self... hug them every day, listen to what they have to say, tell them you love even when you are angry. Oh, I did all these things, it's just now I wish I had done them even more.

Tue 7/24 Blog Prompt: Find a proverb or saying that you think is true.

Tis easy here. My mother had a saying that she wrote in the front pages of her bible when she was younger. Something along the lines of:

"God never closes a door without first opening a window."

And whether you believe in the same God I do or none at all, it still is appropriate. There are always alternatives, sometimes you just have to look for them.

Wed 7/25 Blog Prompt: Stand in a favorite spot in your house, garden, wherever and describe it for us in detail.

Actually I'm not standing but cuddled with legs beneath me and a comforter wrapped over my upper legs. If I look up I can see the sky and an occasional bird that decides to see if there are any bugs in the seams of the skylight. Still above and just forward a little is a 56" ceiling fan with bamboo leaf shaped paddles. Probably a little to big for the room especially since you can reach up and touch it while kneeling on the bed.

Behind me is the leather headboard of my kingsize sleigh bed with 3 or 4 pillows propped up against it. The footboard is also leather but is usually covered by a rich red & gold booster pillow my mother made for me.

To my right is Pan's side of the bed. His side table currently is a drafting table. The window is also on that side of the room and the wall is covered with silky moss green and light gold curtains to make the window look larger.

Again looking in front of me is another wall. To the right on that wall is the door to Pan's bathroom. Directly ahead is the flat screen LED television. Below it is the cutout in wall to house the new receptacles and cable wires which he ran in the wall so they wouldn't be hanging everywhere. There is also a shelf on the cutout to put the cable box and Pan's x-box, with room for his games. It needs some more work since Indy tried swinging on one of the brackets holding the shelf up. One of these days I need to put something else on that wall. It is just too bare.

To the right is door to the hallway and the door to the walk-in closet (which isn't walk-in anymore since so much stuff is in it). And next to my side of the bed is a round table with two levels. Both tables have lamps (which match) and clocks (which don't). There are books and magazines on the bottom level of my table, so many I need to start moving some of the out. There is also a dark red brocade stool on my side of the bed.

The floor is cork and is cork colored. It is soft to walk on and easy to clean. Indy has a box of his toys on the floor, normally they are not in the box but on the bed. And if I bother to move the decorative pillows currently residing on the bed around I would probably find more that needs to go into his box.

Thur 7/26 Blog Prompt: Make up a great excuse why you can't work today.

Funny that this prompt should fall on Thursday, especially since it is just one of the two days I do have to go to work. But my excuse would have been that it was just to nice and I needed to get the exercise lounging at the pool would provide. Somehow I don't think they would buy that though.

Fri 7/27 Blog Prompt: What was the last movie that made you really laugh? Or do you have one you've seen over and over and still makes you laugh?

I am not much of a comedy type watcher. And although I don't like the movie and won't watch it, when Pan is, I have him call me in for one particular scene in Porky's. It is when the two coaches, the principal and Ms. Ballbreaker are in the principal's office. Each time I watch it, it will have me rolling on the floor. Not because it is particularly funny; but because the two coaches aren't faking their laughs. Or if they are, they are darn good. There laughter is just so infectious and I will invariably end up holding my sides while watching them.

Now how about another scrapbook page. This time flowers from mother's backyard.



Template, (c) Pattie Knox, Digital Designers
Gold & Blue papers, (c) Lisa Whitney
Marigold Fields paper, (c) Katie Pertiet
Flowers, (c) Sande Krieger
Brushes, (c) Mary Ann Wise
Font: Dirty Finger, (c) Harold Lohner

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

1. If I only listened to my parents! enough said.
2. What a great saying! And it has been so true in my life. Now that I retired, I'm interested in what windows are opening up for me.
3. Your spot sounds so comfy!
4. I give you permission not to work if you don't want to!
5. I like to see actors who are trying to control their smiles and laughter in the middle of a scene. My hubby and I are always saying: look, s/he is trying not to smile!