Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Volunteers Needed

Blog prompt: This week is National Volunteer Week. Do you volunteer for anything? If so, what do you do?

Not at this time, I don't. Unless you count volunteering to watch the grands. I didn't think so. But I have done volunteer work throughout my life.

In elementary school, I volunteered to participate in the TOT program (teachers of tomorrow). I was in 6th grade and worked with a third grade class. I think that is when I decided I was not cut out to be a teacher.

During the Vietnam conflict, while we lived in Guam, I volunteered to sing to the guys who had been injured and were being shipped back home. I also helped them write letters and just spent time talking with them. Where there I also volunteered to work with the church's summer programs.

Before marrying Pan and moving, I use to volunteer my Friday nights to the Rape Crisis Council. I worked with them for three years. Wow, I just figured that out. I also volunteered at my kids school to help out when I wasn't working. I still do that for the Princess. Taking pictures, bringing in food and supplies. All the things you are expected to do for your kids and their schools :)

Template (c)Simply Yin; On Safari kit (c)Colie's Corner; Fonts: Trashed, Californian FB

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

Isn't it amazing that you think you don't do any volunteer work but when you sit and really think about it, you do lots! I see you doing lots of volunteer work and I'm always impressed with you energy!