Friday, April 24, 2009

Arbor Trees to the rescue

Blog prompt: Today is Arbor Day. Tell about your favorite tree and why it is your favorite.

The Mimosa is my favorite tree, but as to why I can't really say. I love the colors of the blooms and the fragrance it produces.

There was one just a couple of houses away from me when the kids were little that was nearly a foot in diameter. There was nothing like walking out in the mornings and smelling the wonderful fragrance.

Rustic Fields (c)Doreen Stolz; Word art (c)One Memory At A Time; Font: Californian FB

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I used to love blooming mimosa trees until we parked under one and then it rained. It looked like someone pooped all over my car and it was really hard to get all the wet blooms off.

Harvey said...

My grandma had a big ol' maple tree in her side yard, and its lowest branch (a huge, fat, sturdy one, great for sitting on) was only about 3 feet off the ground.

When I was a little kid, I used to climb that thing every chance I got. I couldn't really get up into any higher branches, but it was still cool just being in a tree.