Saturday, April 11, 2009

Learning is Fun

Past Blog Prompt: What I learned from mother/father

If I had to pick just one thing I learned from my parents, it was that you create your own fun. Whether it was sticking notes to your head or teaching a toddler how to sneak whipped cream from a bowl, they always seemed to be enjoying themselves. Maybe it was because of this, that I began sending my father anonymous cards each year for his birthday. They would come from all over the United States and he could never figure out who was sending them. In fact, when one of his neighbors suggested they were coming from me, he said, in no uncertain terms, that I would never do anything like that. This little prank went on for over 20 years. Too many people knew I was doing it, so I can never use it again on someone else, but it was priceless while it lasted.

Those were the Daisies (c)Linda Walton; Snap & Scrap (sketch); Stitches (c)Vendula Sediva; Fonts: Franklin Gothic Book, Broken 15

1 comment:

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

OMGosh Tink! I was just looking this collection of blog goodies the other day when removing links from my nearly full 4-shared account! LOVE your layering and use of the warped polaroids!!!

I shall have to come and glean your newer layouts for some inspiration! :-)