Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Shows, Wishes & Tribulations

Wed 12/5 Blog Prompt: On the fifth day of December I watched absolutely nothing then wished I had a television in the living room again.

Yes, this week our LR television did a nose dive. The whole picture is compressed into on tiny little line of light in the middle of the screen. And that was just a portion of what was going on this week.....

On Monday, had to take Indy to the doctor because he was complaining of his ears hurting and he was running a temperature of about 101.1. Was anything wrong? Absolutely not. That little excursion cost Bombshell and myself $130 (and that was after the discount, because she can't afford medical insurance). A little adult strength Afrin (doctor's orders) and Tylenol, he was bouncing off the walls by the next day.

While I was at the doctor's office, I turned my cell phone off. BIG signs posted everywhere not to have your cell phone on especially in the exam room. So Indy and I are sitting there waiting for the doctor when the nurse pokes her head in to say Bombshell is trying to get ahold of me but my cell phone seems to be off... Well, duh? She tells me to turn it back on and call my daughter. Seems the Princess is in pain and tears at school and I need to pick her up. By the time I get out of the doctor's office, I have several urgent calls from Bombshell and the school to pick her up. I get up there and sure enough she is tears. She never makes a fuss when she is feeling ill but just sits there quietly waiting for someone to pick her up, so when she couldn't stop crying they got frantic.

I started her on the same treatment as Indy but when she still wasn't getting any relief by the next day, I had Bombshell call her ex to say we needed to get her in to see the doctor. Before I go further, let me explain, I really like my ex-SIL. We talk just about every day with topics from the Princess to work and the newest movies coming out.

So that night SIL calls me to find out what is going on, I tell him to schedule a doctor's appointment the next morning and bring me the money and I will take her in. He has to call his mother and talk to her. He will call me back. Pan then tells me that if she is still feeling bad we will work it out, but to get her in.

This morning Bombshell calls and asks me to take Indy to daycare because she is running late. She will drop the princess off at school. She gets her and she still has the Princess with her. When I ask how she is doing, she says it still hurts so I tell her to get out, pull out my cell phone to call our doctor. She and I take Indy to daycare then head back to the doctors. We should have taken her on Monday instead of Indy, LOL. She has a severe middle ear infection. But she is now on medication (which by the way, if you have a Publix near you, fills certain antibiotic medication for free).

So anyway that is how my week has been going and no television to top it off. :)

Template by jasjul; Grandpa's Cabin kit (c)Rina at SBB; Font: Magik

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I was exhausted after reading about your day! I hope the sweet babies are better!

Sandra said...

Ugh, ear infections are the worst. I never had ear infections, so I didn't recognize the symptoms when Caitiebug got her first one at age 10 months. Poor baby's had so many over the years...I think she has finally outgrown them, though. Knock wood. It's going on four years infection-free.

All the frantic running around, the pain, the prescriptions, the juggling of the schedule to see a pediatrician or urgent care doctor...my heart goes out to you and the kids.