Monday, December 31, 2007

Resolutions or Tribulations?

Mon 12/31 Blog Prompt: Hard to believe we are at the end of another year already. Did your year go as you planned? How about a highlight of your resolutions and/or special events?

Well, I got ahead of myself didn't I? I'm going to let you in on a little secret, but don't tell anyone, okay? When it is going to be my turn to come up with the blog prompts, I start writing them ahead of time in a text file and save them. I don't look at them again until the day they need to be posted. So when I wrote my End of the Year Tribulations on Saturday, I had completely forgotten about this prompt. For some of the highlights of my year take a look there.
As for resolutions, I didn't make any on January 1, 2007. Somehow I just didn't want to feel guilty if I did not obtain the goals I set for myself. Good thing too, because if I was going to make one it would have been to lose weight and I certainly did not do that this year. :)

I may make one this year. Not to loose weight or anything like that, but to try and be a nicer person, more compassionate. I think I can manage that one, don't you?

Template 'Window Pane 2' by Tracy Drane; Christmas Around the World (c)Marys Scrapgalerie; Font: Times New Roman

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always jinx myself so I will not say a word about the upcoming year. I just hope and pray that it is better than this year. I am glad to see it go.

loonyhiker said...

I have to confess. I do the same as you and do the prompts way ahead of time. Sometimes I have a great idea for a prompt and it isn't my turn but I don't want to forget it. I was really excited about doing November prompts. You did a great job with December's prompts! I really enjoy reading everyone's answers to these prompts because I feel so much closer to people as if I have known them face to face for a long time. Thanks for all your hard work!

Beachcomber said...

Great blog prompts for December. I didn't blog too much in December but I enjoyed reading everyone else's. I hope next year is better this last year, too.

Mrs. Who said...

'Nice and more compassionate'...that's a really good goal. Do you think it's possible in an election year, lol?

Actually, that's what my resolution is, too.

Sandra said...

I think yer purdy damned nice and compassionate already :)

Your blog prompts rock. I missed a few in the rush of the holidays...hopefully I'll be able to work them in retroactively in '08.

I have resolved to become active in charitable causes in 2008. I used to cross stitch quilt panels for cancer kids; I'm focusing on knit caps & booties for preemies this year. Want to do the AIDS walk. Humane Society volunteer, maybe.

Best wishes for a very happy 2008!

ArtcTrish said...

Ohhhh I love this LO TINK! Where did you get the ornament with the soldiers and the flag! Its adorable! And I used to cross stitch too, very time consuming. Best wishes for you and yours in 2008 and I can't wait to see your pics too!