Friday, December 21, 2007

Seeing Tribulations Through Indy's Eyes

Fri 12/21 Blog Prompt: On the twenty first day of December I would love to see

How Christmas really looks through 3 year old Indy's eyes. What I can see is the sparkle and joy that appears whenever he sees Christmas lights or watches Christmas movies. The grin when he starts pushing the buttons on all of the Star Wars and Star Trek ornaments just to see if he can get them all going at the same time. It's so fun to watch him as he points out which presents are his and which are Sissy's. I had wrapped one of the Ballerina's presents in the Disney princess paper and got chewed out when I said it didn't belong to Sissy, LOL.

Yes, I would love to be able to see the holiday through a 3 year olds eyes once more. But since I can't, I just have to take what I can get by watching my little 3 year old enjoy it.

Template 133sq by Andrea Gold; Holiday Sparkle (c)Linda Walton; Font: akaFrivolity

3 comments:

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Oh Tink!!! You are TOO sweet girl! Here I was fighting the multitudes (seems that way here at times) to get back to my computer so that I could come and say hello, stopped by my blog and found a LOVELY note from you! Thank you for the birthday greeting for April and I SOOOOOO love what you've done with Holiday Sparkle in this BEAUTIFUL layout of Princess Z in the Nutcracker Suite!!! I just ADORE Andrea's templates and will have to start stocking up on some myself after the holidays!

You have such a GORGEOUS family and I just KNOW that ALL things will work out WONDERFULLY come Christmas!

I shall stop back by before we leave Christmas Eve. This will be my first vacation since joining 3S three years ago the 9th of January. I am trying to get everything prepared ahead of time for my blog as I don't know how much access I will have at my daughter's and I really wish to relax and enjoy both of them as much as possible!!! Oh gosh, I'm getting TOO excited now! He, he ...

I need to do some last minute shopping tomorrow morning as I am in dire need of winter shoes and Robert was too tired to finish up shopping last weekend!!! Oh, and we need to buy chains for the Explorer "just in case"! I am SO looking forward to a bit of "down time" come January!!! Ha, ha, ha, ha ... birthdays, Half-n-Half kit/crop, baby-to-be's ultrasound ... I guess I'd better ask Santa for that EXTRA large seat belt for Christmas for the WILD and CRAZY ride ahead!!! LOL!

You take it easy darlin' and I hope that you are getting a good night's sleep each night as we begin to countdown the final few days until Christmas!

BIG HUGS,
Linda

Yin said...

Hi Tink! It's good to be back! I'm sure I saw you waving when I peered out the window of my plane! You're right, Orlando was HOT! I didn't expect it to be so hot and we did not bring short sleeved Ts nor flip flops and yet got totally dunked and wet on some of those rides - we survived and so did our shoes. You're right about three year olds and their sweet wonderful joy about Christmas. I wish my kids were back there, now they are mostly only about what presents they will get. Hopefully I can also instill in them the true meaning of Christmas through bible reading and prayer! Love your layout of the princess' first Christmas!! What joy and wonder on her face! And the papers and elements are sooo lovely

loonyhiker said...

I am always amazed at the wonder on a child's face when he sees things compared to the way that an adult sees things. It makes things more magical and exciting!