Thursday, December 13, 2007

Cheeseburger in Tribulations

Thu 12/13 Blog Prompt: On the thirteenth day of December I really wanted a hamburger with

cheese, onions, extra pickles and easy on the lettuce and tomatoes. Funny, on the way home from running from one end of nw Florida to the other (or so it seemed), I seriousl considered stopping at a Whataburger and picking one up to order. I just love Whataburger's sauteed onions.

Instead, I opted to stop at the grocer and pick up hamburger, taco dinner fixings, avocado and cheese (already had lettuce and tomato) and fixed that instead with a glass of red wine.

Now I think I'm going to post tomorrow's prompt at DSP, then take a hot shower and crawl into bed and finish reading "Brother Odd" by Dean Koontz. :)

Template 172 by Andrea Gold; Christmas Around the World kit (c)DeDe Smith; Fonts: the King & Queen font; Plantagenet Cherokee

4 comments:

Meg said...

Yum!!! I love the Odd series. And almost all of Koonz' books, really. He has a new one out, but I'm afraid to read it because I think it's about his dog (that passed away recently), so sad.

mom2triplets04 said...

I too love Koonz books but unfortunately I like to collect them. I have a few on my shelf that I haven't even read. Raising toddlers doesn't leave any free time to read. I'm lucky I have enough time to keep up with my scrapping. Anyway, wanted to tell you your entry really made me crave burgers. Of course, it's now lunch time and I haven't had breakfast so that could have something to do with it. Happy holidays.

Glynis said...

Great post...love the layout. And I've read a few Koontz books, but that's one that I missed. I'll have to pick it up.

Sandra said...

I'm anxiously awaiting the final Frankenstein book from Koontz. My favorite novel of his was "From the Corner of His Eye", but they're all good, aren't they?

Red red wine...yum. Our special burgers always had a fried egg & sauteed onions on them.

Dew is a Whataburger freak from way back.