Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Foodly Tribulations

Tue 12/11 Blog Prompt: On the eleventh day of December I think about how the best food comes from...

Oh, I love food (and it shows, LOL). But I would have to say that my very favorite is Japanese food cooked on a teppan table. Shrimp, chicken, steak, scallops, onions, bamboo shoots.... I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Of course, there is always true southern cooking too. Turnip greens, pork chops, black-eyed peas with onions, chicken and dumplings, red beans and rice. For spice, Mexican food can't be beat. We have an authentic Mexican restaurant here and I love going (although I think they are starting to Americanize their food to appeal to a larger group). For a real meat and potatoes meal, it has to be German with their potato dumplings and bratwurst and a good lager thrown in for measure. Need I go on, LOL....

Template F by Carena; December 2006 RakScrap Mega Kit (c)RakScrap designers; Fonts: Arial, Island of Misfit Toys

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Yup, nuthin better than good ole fashion Southern cookin.

Sandra said...

Hee hee, I never saw a meal I could turn away. All styles of cooking welcome here! Teppan Yaki is a favorite with my family, too. I always order a sashimi platter or tempura platter to go with...as if there weren't already enough food!

Michael C said...

All that teppan talk left me drooling. It's rather embarrassing, actually.
;-)