Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pan's tribulations

Today's post brought to you by Pan

Ummmm right.
I guess if I have a tribulation lately, it's been the two community pools for our HOA. When we shut them down last year, they drained in just six weeks to the point you could walk in the shallow end without getting your feet wet. We knew they need work, but obviously they needed more than we were aware of. So I contacted a leak check company. Sure they could check it without our having to spend the money to fill it again (just to drain it again for the repairs). At least until I took a day off to meet them, then it was, "Oh no, you have to fill it up to six inches above the light fixture." So we get the company that maintains them to do that, but they don't tell me when they're done. I call and oh yes, they did that two weeks ago. I take another day off, leak check people come out, different person, the pools have turned green in the time since the water was put in and I don't blame him for not wanting to get in with the dead frogs, but then he tells me "It needs to be completely full and operational" Great, now I've had three different descriptions of what they wanted before they'll do a leak check. Once again we call out the maintenance folks and they clean and fill the pool, but again don't bother to tell me when their done. When I check it, it's full but once again clean. One more call to get it cleaned again, and another day off to meet the leak check folks and finally they do the check. Still to come at that point, getting three quotes for all the repair work that needs to be done, getting a loan for the repairs, and signing the contract.

Spring Blossoms Collaboration (c)various artists; template by Raspberry Road Designs

No comments: