Friday, May 15, 2009

No rest for the weary

In an hour I'm off to my thrice weekly meeting at Curves. I really enjoy it. The workout and the camaraderie. I joined the first of April and the first 2 weeks I lost 10 pounds. Then nothing. Nada, zilch, kaput.

And yes, I have been watching what I eat. I use DietPower to keep track of it. I guess that is why I am depressed this morning. My calorie count has fallen below what is nutritionally safe. So I had to re-figure the dates, adding a month to reach my target goal.

On top of which, my daughter and the kids are going to be moving to NC around July 28. It is the best thing for them, I know in my brain of brains. But my heart doesn't feel the same way. The Bomb is planning on going to nursing school and her dad has an apartment for her and the kids next door to him. So it isn't as if they are going to be up there alone with no family or friends. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.

On a lighter note, this Saturday, after celebrating Indy's birthday at the zoo, Pan and I will be going in to P'cola to take his parents and my mom and sister (ddpuppies) to see the new Star Trek movie. It is one of the few movies that I am willing to go back to a theater to see. :) I hope they enjoy it as much as we and the kids did when we went last week. And maybe I'll even remember to take the Mother's day card in to mom after not mailing it. LOL.

See You Tonight (c)She's Full of Scrap; Template by Jayedid Designs; Font: Cheri Liney

2 comments:

vw bug said...

Love the new look. You sure do like dark colors on your blog! ;)

Enjoy the movie for me as well.. sniff sniff... while I am running around Disney. (**snicker** oh I mean sniff)

Anonymous said...

Tink I'm tellin ya, I have found out that the aging process is not good on trying to lose weight. But I know you can reach your goal!!!

I hope things work out great for your family members on their move.

I can't take myself to see a remake of Star Trek. I loved the original show and movie, but I am hearing nothing but good things about it though. Maybe I will rent it later.