Friday, February 06, 2009

New Toys

Like most scrapbookers, I really enjoy photography and learning new techniques. One of the things I wanted to do was to take near studio quality photos of the grandchildren for framing. But buying all the equipment was just beyond what I wanted to spend for something I would not be using very often.

Then I found this article, "Putting Together a Budget DIY Lighting System" and all of a sudden, maybe studio like photos would be in my purview. And maybe I can even afford to pick up Adobe's Lightroom making saving in RAW a viable option.

I picked up the twin lamp worklight for less than $20, but when you added in the bright white bulbs it pushed it up to nearly $30. Still a deal when you think about it. I still have to pick up some of the other items, but I'm checking for sales :)

To try out the lights, the Princess agreed to be my guinea pig. (She really looks like she's not enjoying it, huh?) We had so much fun together and all we really used was a step ladder. Anyway, you can see some of the results. I did have to do a little tweeking, but not much.





No comments: