Saturday, February 28, 2009

I need a racquet ball court

Last Sunday, Indy woke up in pain and with a lymph node the size of a small egg. I thought it probably had to do with his ears, Bomb thought it might be a tooth. Either way, I advised her if it was not gone by the following morning she would probably need to take him to the doctor.

After she left for work, he finally agreed to some Tylenol and was feeling better in no time at all. Bomb called that afternoon to say that she was leaving work and was going to take him to Sacred Heart emergency room for a look see. And it was a good thing she did.

According to the doctor he had a rare (but not unheard of nor untreatable) bacterial infection of the mastoid sinus and lymph nodes. They started with an aggressive regiment of antibiotics and predisone. He has to take the Septra twice a day for 10 days, the predisone twice a day for 5 and had to have daily injections of rocephin.

Between the injections and the predisone, he has been bouncing off the walls, literally. A non-stop whirlwind of trouble. At 4 years old and just a few inches shy of 4 foot (I just measured him and he is 3'10"), it is difficult, to say the least, to control him when he gets his gander up.

There have been many late nights for both Bomb and myself this week and early mornings. It has even taken a toll on me and I am use to late nights and early mornings.

The upside is he is feeling much, much better and the swelling is gone. Crossing our fingers that next week will settle down as he will be off the predisone and rocephin.

Guga's Brother (c)Dani Alencar; Adore wordart (c)One Memory At A Time; template by Galiscrap; Fonts: Century Gothic

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my!! I'm glad he is feeling better for ya Tink. Its hard trying to take care of a sick child and you can't make the pain go away fast. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!! I love the page you created-so bright and fun!

Beachcomber said...

I am glad he is feeling better. Poor little guy. It is hard when your kids are in pain and you can't do anything to make them better.