Saturday, March 15, 2008

APOD #8

My favorite books... C.S. Forester's Horatio Hornblower series. My in-laws got me this entire set a few Christmas' ago. How's that for having great in-laws. Added bonus, Pan had never read them, I was rather surprised to learn. I think he enjoyed them as much as I do. :)

Glass insulators were first produced in the 1850's for use with telegraph lines. As technology developed insulators were needed for telephone lines, electric power lines, and other applications. -Glass Insulator Reference

At the time I was given this I did not realize they were collector's items. Seems people really do collect them and there are shows nationwide. Wow.

While we may have just one insulator in our collection, we do have a number of Franklin Mint Star Trek pewter pieces. This one is.... Can anyone guess?

The cat is back after his nearly 4 month hiatus at the daughter's house. He is much, much larger and neutered too. The first thing he did upon his return was locate his cube, then rounded up all the stuffed animals he could find to put in his lair (the cube).

For us on the Gulf Coast the time is rapidly approaching for the gathering of hurricane supplies. And the number one supply is batteries and flashlights. Okay, maybe water and food are number one. But batteries and flashlights seem to be in abundance in our house right now.

Wish I could take credit for the beautiful handwriting, but I can't. It's my mother's and those are lava rocks that she brought back from Hawaii when she and my dad flew over to visit ddpup and bear.

Turquisoe from the mines of Arizona. I don't know if this is from one of our travels as a youth or if it was when mom and dad when out to Arizona to visit ddpup and bear. (boy, pup and bear sure got around didn't they, LOL)

Fonts: Star Jedi, Journal

2 comments:

Lemon Stand said...

We love the Horatio Hornblower series too. Unfortunately it was one of the casualties in our recent flood so we will have to buy them again.... But they are sooooo worth it!

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

OMGosh Tink!!! Indy is just TOO sweet ya know!!! Love the photo of your little "player"!!!

During the boys recent visit, Wyatt brought along with him this VERY game!!! He, too, is a "player" and quite good at it. I was SO thrilled to see them playing something other than what my older boys have in their collection! PHEW!

When I came out of my room from being at the computer and saw the SWEET little characters, I commented to Wyatt that they reminded me of the Fisher-Price characters that my kiddos used to play with. I then picked up the case and realized that it was by Lego!!! WOO HOO!

I am SO loving getting caught up over here with your BEAUTIFUL layouts and am on my way up to wish BOMBSHELL a VERY happy and BELATED birthday!!!

I've missed ya girl!

BIG HUGGINS',
Linda