Monday, May 26, 2008

Hats off to Memorial Day

Mon 5/26 Blog Prompt: Today we celebrate Memorial Day in the US. Did you have any family members who served our country in the Armed Forces. Let us know so we can remember them.

We have a long line of military personal in our family. All of which are now retired or discharged:

Scamp, US Marine Corp
Nuke, US Navy
My cousin, US Army
Pan's brother, US Marine Corp
Bear, US Marine Corp
My uncle, US Marine Corp
My dad, US Air Force
Pan's dad, US Navy
A great uncle, the German mounted Calvary
A great-great grandfather, the Florida Mounted Volunteers
A great-great great grandfather, the Florida Mounted Volunteers
The possibly
A gggg grandfather in the war of 1812
A ggggg grandfather who may have been a Soldier in the North Carolina Militia during the Revolutionary War
Same for a gggggg grandfather

Can you tell I have been doing some genealogy research of late? If any of you few readers out there know anything of the Registers who moved from North Carolina, to Georgia and finally settled in Florida, I would love to hear from you. :) More to the point I am looking for proof of a father/son relationship between David Register (1813-1885) and Samuel Register (1786-1869). My email is on my sidebar if you know of anything :)

Shabby Sugar (c)Sherry Ferguson; Scraplift of "You are so Beautiful to Me" by Fortissimo; Font: Times New Roman

6 comments:

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Hi sweetie!!! WELCOME HOME! I've missed you, but then it's a GOOD thing you were on vacation while I've been MIA from your blog eh??? ROFL!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVIN' your layouts as ALWAYS! A bit of a style change, but I like the way you try out the newer trends. I'd just LOVE to do nothing but scrap for a while, but I am afraid that WON'T be happening any time soon.

HAPPY "belated" BIRTHDAY INDY!!! Your Grandma ROCKS ya know!!!

I'll catch ya later gator - I'm giving up deadlines after the middle of June. Let's just say it'll be a HEALTHY birthday present from me to me!!!

BIG HUGS,
Linda :)

loonyhiker said...

Wow! What an awesome list! I think you have all branches of the service covered by your family. I truly thank you and all of them for the sacrifices y'all made to keep me free.

ArtcTrish said...

Wow....looks like you've got all the armed forces covered! God bless them all!!!

Yin said...

Hi Tink, what an awesome layout! I really love the simplicity and understated-ness. Wow your family military history is amazing, it's so wonderful that you have records of your ggggg grandfathers too, wish I had.

Oh, I'm tagging you, come over to my blog to check it out.
Yin

Yin said...

Tink, you're hilarious! Well, ex's ring or no ring, I think we're both very blessed in the area of dhs, so this is proof rings themselves don't matter!
Yin

Mrs. Who said...

A family mystery to solve...what a neat genealogy to have. I hope you find the connection between the two men.