Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tribulations & High School Friends

Wed 6/20 Blog Prompt: Did you have a lot of friends in high school or just one or two very close friends? What did you and your friends do for fun? Are you still in contact with any of them?

Yes and no. I had a lot of friends, but didn't. I know it doesn't make sense. We didn't so much as have a clique as to have a group. A lot of us hung out together, going to movies, shopping, etc., but there were only a few really close friends. Lillian, Keiko, Susan and a few more.

Being an Air Force brat entailed moving every couple of years so I had to learn how to make friends fast. Fortunately I have a very outgoing personality, even if I am an introvert.

In Guam, just about the only thing to do for fun was to go to the beach, the pool or the outdoor walk-in theaters. But I had fun. I loved it. Back stateside, there definitely was more to do, evenings at the park in O'Fallon. Shopping at real malls. Real movie theaters :).

I did keep in touch for many years, but as the time passed so did the letters and phone calls. Susan and I still keep in touch from time to time, even that is far between. Maybe one day, I'll run into them all again.

No comments: