Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Tribulated Music of Teens

Wed 6/27 Blog Prompt: Did you listen to a lot of music as a teenager? Did you have a stereo, radio, cd player or reel to reel? Who was your favorite music artist? Favorite song? Which one still moves you today?

I probably listened to music as much as any teenager in the late 60's/early 70's did. Herman's Hermits, the Beatles, Guess Who, Chicago, Santana, Shawn Phillips, Black Oak Arkansas and so the list goes on. I probably had nearly a hundred albums. But I had to. While in Guam, I used my babysitting money to buy a JVC stereo with am/fm radio, record player and reel-to-reel. And I still have it. Doesn't work now, but I still have it. Maybe one day we will be able to find a needle for it and replace the reel-to-reel with a cd/mpg player. Maybe.

My all time favorite artists were Chicago with "Colour My World;" Bread's hit "If;" and Guess Who with "American Woman."

4 comments:

Glynis said...

I got the Coulor My World album years and years later, and it was one of my favorites too!

Glynis said...

LOL I didn't mean years and years after you did!! That didn't come out the way I intended :)

Tammy said...

Love your music choices. I saw Hermans Hermit on American Idol this past season and that was great!! Chicago is also a great band.

loonyhiker said...

Ahh, Herman's Hermits were so great! What wonderful memories this brings to mind!