Saturday, June 09, 2007

A Frog's Tribulations

For those who asked.....

Warning: Never give vague instructions to a child. They take you literally. Honestly, they really do.

I didn't use the story of the frog in the prompt, because I actually think I was older than 3. I could be wrong, maybe a 3 year old can catch a frog. Okay, probably could catch a frog. OKAY... can catch a frog.

But a three year old usually doesn't have the whereforall to ask what you do with a frog that you catch. Again I could be wrong (and I am sure my mother will correct me if I am).

Back to the story. I caught a frog. Couldn't have been a very big one, but I was proud of this frog and asked my folks what to do with it. They told me that frogs like water.

Naturally to a young child any liquid can pass for water, right? RIGHT????? Well, no but the only "water" I could find was my grandmother's ice coffee. PLOP, in goes the frog. Looking back I shutter to think what must have been going through that poor frog's mind. Caffiene rush....

And fortunately for the frog, my grandmother decided she needed a drink soon after instead of 10 or 15 minutes later. Then the result would have probably been a dead frog at the bottom of her coffee cup instead of a frog jumping out of the coffee at her.

Well, maybe I was three after all....

5 comments:

Glynis said...

LOL With the caffeine inherent in iced coffee and a scare like that, I might have had a heart attack !

Beachcomber said...

Lucky your Grandma decided to sip her iced coffee. Although the frog jumping out of her cup probably scared the you know what out of her.

Anonymous said...

LMAO! I still love this story.

carin.c said...

Cute story - guess gram got a new cup of coffee after that!

Anonymous said...

So... what happened to the frog? :-)