Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Childhood Television Tribulations

Tue 6/26 Blog Prompt: Television.... Where would we be without television? Seriously though. Did you have a tv set while you were growing up? If not, did your neighbors or friends? If you did, what were some of the shows that were on and what were your favorites?

Yes, yes, yes, we had a television. At least since I was 5 or 6. Prior I couldn't tell you. As a young'un, my sister and I would watch Shirley Temple, Tarzan and Jungle Jim on the weekends. Couldn't wait for them. I do remember that the Flintstones came on Wednesday evenings and Batman on Thursday nights.

By high school, if I was at home, I would sit and watch golf with dad. That is until I discovered Saturday morning cartoons. Then I would have to watch Journey to the Center of the Earth. In all honesty, though, we never watched much television. I still don't though I will turn it on for background noise.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always had a TV.

Wasn't color until the 70's though.

Tammy said...

Good question about color tv harvey. Will have to look that up. I forgot about Batman and all those crazy words that would pop up on the screen. Great show.

loonyhiker said...

I forgot about watching Shirley Temple movies. I still check them out of the public library and watch them.

Glynis said...

I try to fool myself into thinking that I just have the tv on for noise, but then I suddenly realize I've just watched an hour's worth of nothing. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

THat Batman show was sensational. So ahead of its time. I loved it even though I sort of knew there was a side to it that I didn't really understand.