Friday, June 29, 2007

High School Graduation Tribulations

Fri 6/29 Blog Prompt: What were your high school colors? Team names? Clubs you belong too? Did you graduate? What do you remember most about your graduation day?

I went to two different high schools. John F. Kennedy in Guam and Mascoutah Community High in Illinois.

JFK's colors were green and gold. That was also the name of the teams. Green and Gold. There were no other high schools on the island so we had to play against ourselves. It was there I belonged to the Latin Club. I really wasn't much into clubs anyway. I had too many other things I wanted to do.

Mascoutah touted maroon and white as the school colors. And, you know, I can't recall the name of their team. But then again, I was only there for my senior year. Shoot, now I will have to see if I can locate my yearbook and find out. It's going to drive me nutso.

Graduation day was great. It was a small class and the ceremony was being held outdoors, hurridly as there was a thunderstorm brewing on the horizon. Someone tied a bunch of balloons to my cap and it kept trying to fly away. Finally I took them off and tied them to the car. It wasn't long after the ceremony was over that the storm struck. It was a fun day and a fun time.

NOTE: I'm heading for gallbladder surgery in just under an hour so if I don't fell up to snuff for the next couple of days, the Bug may do some posting for me. If she doesn't, well, you will hear from me when I get back. (Look what happened when she was suppose to be posting for me while I was on vacation in December, LOL.)

3 comments:

sticks said...

Good luck. I hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

What happened to my comment? I thought I posted my 'get well soon' wishes yesterday. I hope all went well and now you're resting comfortably.

loonyhiker said...

You were lucky to have a small graduation! I hope your surgery goes well. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!