Thursday, June 21, 2007

Teenage Drivers & Tribulations

Thu 6/21 Blog Prompt: Did you learn to drive when you were a teenager? Who taught you? If at school, what kind of driver's ed was it? If a friend or parent, where did you go to learn? What was the worse part about learning to drive?

I'm with my folks on this one, let someone else teach them and me. I went to driver's ed in high school. I really liked it as we had simulators to practice in. I remember going into the room and having the lights dimmed for the "movie" that we would be using to practice with. Into our boxy car simulators and off to where ever the movie took us that day. After several weeks of simulated driving then we got to try the real thing on real roads. No specified driving courses around at the time I was learning. And 70 miles an hour on the freeway.

I think the thing I had the most problem with was the 3-point turn. I can do them now, if I have to but I still prefer not to have to do it.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

WOW, simulators. Like Top Gun for Drivers Ed. And you must tell me what a 3 point turn is.

Anonymous said...

wow girl, a driving simulator? I bet that was so cool..how's it work? I mean...could you really get into an accident or something on the movie? how crazy!

Anonymous said...

Driving simulators? Too cool.

And I didn't mind 3 point turns when I had my Chevy Nova. But now that I drive a Suburban, that takes about 15 points or so to get it turned around.