Friday, June 22, 2007

More Teenage Driving & Tribulations

Fri 6/22 Blog Prompt: Did you have your own car as a teenager or did you have to use the family car? What kind was it? If a family car, were you responsible to pay for the gas when you used it? How often were you allowed to use it? What restrictions, if any, were on it? If your own, did you purchase it yourself or was it a gift? How much did it cost and who paid the insurance on it?

Didn't own my own car until I had been married a few years, then I bought a Chevette. So back in high school, I used the family car... a Buick Regal. Big is all I can say about it. But maybe that is why I like trucks now.

I don't remember ever having to put gas in it. Dad was probably afraid I would break it, LOL. But then I didn't use it all that much either. Most things were within walking distance or I had friends with cars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can remember when you didn't put the gas in the car yourself Tink. There was an attendant to do it for you. Ahhh the good old days.

Anonymous said...

Dad had a Pontiac LeMans.

Damn thing was so big there were only about 3 inches on either side when you pulled into the garage.