Thursday, June 28, 2007

Tribulations at the Evening Meal

Thu 6/28 Blog Prompt: What typical evening meals did you eat as a teenager? Did your mother or father prepare them or did you? What was your favorite? Least favorite?

Chicken and dumplings were always a hit. Spaghetti, mid-week and steak on the weekends. Then there was always meatloaf, yummmmm. Mom makes the best meatloaf and chicken & dumplings & spaghetti. Dad always cooked the steaks out on the grill.

In fact here is a picture of him grilling way back in 1968
Free Image Hosting at href=www.ImageShack.us"

I just named all my favorites; but my least favorite food growing up was green peas. Ugh, yuck, nasty. I still don't care to much for them, but can eat them now without gagging :).

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh girl, my favs too!! And what is it about green stuff and kids?

Anonymous said...

Yummy...although I would have eaten your green peas for you!