Sunday, April 15, 2007

Tribulations of a Childhood Pastime

Weekend Blogging 4/14 - 4/15: What was your favorite pastime as a child? Did you prefer doing it alone, or with someone else?

I don't ever really remember doing anything alone as a child. My most memorable pastime was when we were living in Blytheville, Arkansas. During the summer we used to play hide and seek until after dark. There were about a dozen of us kids and we had the run of the neighborhood. In the spring the field between the houses was alive with clover and honey bees. I remember we would go into the fields and pick lots of clover then string them together to make a necklace and bracelet. Winter was snowball fights and building snowmen. Sitting in the living room with hot cocoa and watching Jungle Jim on Saturday mornings. Autumn brought in a new school year and less time for playing or maybe it just felt that way.

2 comments:

*love2scrap* said...

love those necklaces/wreaths/crowns. They made us queens and kings. I've taught my kids how to make them. My Man thinks they are gross and full of buggies. :-)

Anonymous said...

For me, it was reading, reading, reading. I practically lived at the library :-)