Sunday, February 04, 2007

Weekends, Weather & Tribulations

Here the weekend is almost gone and I have not posted anything except my word of the week.

It has been somewhat chilly and rainy here for the better part of the week and this weekend Bombshell had to work Saturday and a double today. Though she got off early tonight, around 10:30 instead of the midnight-1 a.m. times. Nice.....

Well with the weather as it was, we really didn't feel like going out anywhere especially since Pan is still trying to recoup from bronchitis and Indy has a cold. The cold does not diminish his staying power though, let me tell you.

Pan and bug got a kick out of him yesterday, while I was talking to bug on the phone. Indy was running his hand up and down my leg saying "ow, ow, ow." So'k kid, I know I have to shave. Pan and bug were coming unglued, I tell you. Oh yeah, haha. They had just be looking over their shoulders; I'm the expert at paybacks.

Got to talk to Nuke, Scamp, Scamp's cellphone and the Ballerina. Nuke is locked up in one room of his house so he doesn't have to heat the rest (did I tell you he is miserly?). Scamp called to ask about cost of living in South Dakota (Hey, Glynis, this is your department isn't it? Any notes I should pass along); although I can't seem them giving up their condo in Hawaii to move to SD. The Ballerina was "ironing" the next time I talked to Scamp, he had to hold the phone up to her blouse so I could tell her whether it was hot or not. I screamed out "ow, ow, it's hot." She started laughing and told me I was right.

Oh I guess you are wondering about the call from Scamp's phone. So am I, matter of fact. Apparently (according to Scamp) it fell of their bed at 5:30 a.m. their time, managed to speed dial my phone and hang up before I could get to it. What I want to know is what the cellphone was doing "on" the bed and how it got bounced off. I take that back, that may be more information than I want.

Indy has been a pure terror this week; guess I am looking forward to another week like that with him. He has taken to pulling the soft tires off his small cars and putting them in a cup. Okay nothing wrong with that except one day he handed me three. Asked where the 4th was and he said "Ate it." No, no, no, no, no...... At least it was a fourth the size of a penny and very soft to boot. I still haven't found it, so maybe he really did eat it.

Then he "found" a pair of scissor and promptly cut up my measuring tape while I was in the bathroom. Knocked the glass top off a small side table and pitifully says "sorry." Found the Princess' wheat thins on my next bathroom break; poured them all over the sheets of my bed and rolled over them. I took the vacuum in to see if I could get them out at least until Pan got home to help me change the sheets (you think I was going to change them while Indy was still here?); the phone rang, so off I go to answer it and couldn't find, in the meantime, he turned the vacuum on and scared himself silly. Finally found the phone, but whoever it was hung up. Next trip to the bathroom, I came out to find him trying to put Reader Rabbit cd into Pan's computer (funny thing is he was doing it right). But I have decided that bathroom trips are out.

1 comment:

*love2scrap* said...

sounds like my day today...

we need medals ;)