Monday, February 26, 2007

A Bloggers Week of Prompts and Tribulations

Mon 2/19 Blog Prompt: I promised Compooper Teacher an easy week, here's the first prompt! 10 things you want, but don't need.

1. A new computer
2. A new camera
3. A new television
4. Nice outdoor furniture with a firepit
5. A $2500 stove
6. To have my backyard completely done in flagstone with a pond and sandbox area
7. Another trip to Germany
8. Another trip to Hong Kong
9. A new computer monitor
10. To be able to finish something without being interrupted.

Tues 2/20 Blog Prompt: Let's get personal! Personal Hygiene -

1. How often do you typically shower/bath?
Daily. Ugh, can't even imagine getting in bed without a shower.

2. Do you prefer showering or taking a bath?
I prefer baths but take showers.

3. What's the longest you've ever gone w/o a shower/bath?
Maybe, just maybe 24 hours.

4. What's your favorite personal hygiene product?
Jergens bath soap.

5. Do you shave your legs? If so how often?
Yes, and as infrequently as possible.

Wed 2/21 Blog Prompt: The Colors in the Box -

1. If you were a crayon, which color would you want to be?
Periwinkle

2. Which color do you think you would be regardless of what you wanted?
Maize.

3. Would you rather be used and get blunt, broken and lose your wrapper, or not be used and stay pristine?
Get blunt, broken and lose my wrapper...... :)

4. Would you rather be in a small set of crayons or a large set?
Small set of unique colors.

5. Would you rather be Crayola, or a different brand?
There's a brand besides Crayola?

Thurs 2/22 Blog Prompt: Here's a long prompt that I found a while back. Use it word for word or just pieces of it, it's up to you! What kind of care do you take of your books? Let's review, shall we?

1. Are you careful with the spines? Or do you crack your books open to make them lay flat?
Crack them open and lay them flat. I want to be able to enjoy reading them.

2. Do you use bookmarks? Or do you dog-ear the corners? If you do use bookmarks, do you use those fashionable metal ones? Or paper?
Both actually. Toilet tissue comes to mind as a bookmark in this house, but we use a variety of things... yarn, letters, aluminum foil.... can't say we actually use a bookmark made for that purpose though.

3. Do you write in your books? Ever? If you do, do you make small marks, or write in as much blank space as you can find? Pen or pencil? Highlighter? Your name on the front page?
Depends on the book. If it is a reference book that I am using for "reference" then yes I write in it and highlight passages too. Same with dictionaries and with college books that I had purchased.

4. Do you toss your books on the floor? Into bookbags? Or do you treat them tenderly, with respect? They are usually on my dining table, side table by my bed or on my couch. Periodically I round them up and put them on the bookshelves in the spare room.

5. Do you ever lay your book face-down, to save your place? Yes.

6. Um--water? Do you bathe with your books? Hold them with wet hands? Read out in the rain? Anything of that sort? Don't usually take books in the bath with me. I don't like getting them wet and having the pages stick together. Although if it is a quick read and I am doing a relaxing soak, I might.

7. Are your books lined up on a bookshelf? Or crammed in any which way? Stacked on the floor?
I try to keep them lined up but they end up crammed in any which way and stacked on the floor.

8. Do you make a distinction--as regards book care--between hardcovers and paperbacks?
No.

9. And, to recap? Naturally, you love all of your books, but how, exactly? Are your books loved in the battered way of a well-loved teddy bear, or like a cherished photo album or item of clothing that's used, appreciated, but carefully cared for?
Loved and well read in the teddy bear sort of way.

10. Any additional comments?
I need a library of my own.

Friday 2/23 Blog Prompt: What do you do when you have trouble sleeping? Any special techniques for counting sheep or secret family recipes for warm milk?

Trouble sleeping? Me? You have to be kidding? Of course, I have trouble sleeping. The best technique for getting to sleep though it for Pan to play one of his x-box games. Within 15 minutes I am sound asleep. But I do wake back up when he finishes, so it is not a realistic approach to sleeping I guess. Most times I just end up getting back up and reading a book or something until I am tired.

Weekend Blogging 2/24 - 2/25: Do you have any pets? What are their names? What kind of animals are they? Why do you like them?

Do Indy and the Princess count as Pets? If so, then I have two. Okay, not really. Right now we don't have any pets. Since Mini Mutes died (our purebred Persian), we have discussed getting another cat, but we travel so much that it seems unfair to have to board a pet out that much. Or even have someone come to the house to feed and water them. Pets deserve as much quality time as humans keepers do; so we won't be getting another pet anytime soon.

But I can tell you about the Mutes. For a Persian, she was tiny. Less than 5 pounds fully grown, so she could be bred. But that was okay, we loved her just the way she was. She was a shaded silver and fluffy, but didn't have quite the pug nose that most Persians do. But it was like having a kitten around all the time. Although she was my cat (Pan bought her for me for mother's day the year after we were married), she preferred the kids and Pan and would not have much to do with me. We had our moments though.

No comments: