Monday, December 04, 2006

Tribulations of a Baobob and Cedar Tree

Mon 12/4 Blog Prompt: I think this was suggested by Trish (ArtCTiger) sometime last week - What kind of tree would you be? Take it seriously! Think about it and give us your reasonings. And after you've done that, follow this link: Tree Astrology, to see what tree your birth date says you are!

Baobob for my constantly changing girth. More exactly for storing fat. Okay they store water but you get the meaning. They also cannot be aged as they do not produce growth rings and I have been told on numerous occasions that I look younger than I am. They can endure harsh conditions in the areas they grow, as I have endured harsh conditions in my own life. Yep, that's me. Just call me Ms. Baobob Tree.

But according to tree astrology, I am a cedar. The tree of the Lord as pronounced by the Jewish Nature Center. And if you pop on over to National Arbor Day Foundation this is what they have to say:

"An excellent evergreen with graceful pendulous branches. Pyramidal form when young, wide-spreading and flat-topped in old age."

Hey, how did they know that I am wide-spread and flat-topped? Oh well, guess you can just call me Ms. BaobobCedarTree.

5 comments:

Glynis said...

Thanks for making me smile this morning, Ms. BaobobCedarTree!!

carin.c said...

LOL! Thanks as well - I needed that smile this morning :)

Anonymous said...

Good gracious. It runs in the family. I want to be a BaobobCedar tree as well!!! ;-) I had to smile when I read this.

Anonymous said...

Hhhmmm...I retain water quite often. I think I must be a Baobob tree too. :)

loonyhiker said...

What a wonderful cedar tree you would be!!!