Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Tribs

Been a long week hasn't it? But Christmas is now over. So how did your holiday go? Get lots of gifts? Get what you really wanted?

Well as you well know, I got mine in advance of Christmas in the form of a new truck; new cell phone; a bluetooth earpiece and a trip to Hawaii. But on Christmas day I got a 1 quart and 3 quart pot. They were from mom, she had my name this year. This is what I really asked for so was very happy to get them. Now I can throw my old ones out.

The kids made out with lots of toys and clothes. We gave the Princess a Barbie dollhouse; a Barbie Mermaida dollhouse; and the Barbie Fairytopia Elina. She has been having lots of fun here at the house with the Mermaida dollhouse and Elina; but then so has Indy.

Indy got a Curious George; a Diego interactive backpack and a real project workbench. He has really enjoyed his workbench, which we have at our house. But then again, so has the Princess. I personally love it. The "wood" pieces are really 1" thick foam and it has directions on how to make a variety of things including a car, plane and castle. For those of you with tots between the ages of 3 and 6, I highly recommend it. I think it is by Playskool.

Pan got a gift certificate from mom and a prepaid credit card from his folks, so he is in heaven trying to decide what he is going to buy.

We went to my sister's, ddpup, house for dinner and her house was just gorgeous. She had trees in every room. (I will post pictures when I get them downloaded). Dinner was delicious (she is an excellent cook as is her husband).

Well I am looking forward to hearing what all of you did during your holiday and in the meantime... HAPPY NEW YEAR.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time...and memories galore! I can't wait to see pictures and pages...and it's good to have you back :)

Denise said...

Hmmm... I'm thinking I should have asked for the pans too, great idea but I might have to wait until next year. You must have been tired after such a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

isn't it funny how excited we get over practical gifts? I finallllllly got an electric knife and pepper mill. I'll have to remember the playskol items.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Yes, practical gifts are only OK if you ASK for them! LOL! Sounds like you all had a great holiday.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday!