Thursday, July 09, 2009

Sugar, Sugar

Thurs 7/9 Blog Prompt: Today is National Sugar Cookie Day. Do you have a sugar cookie memory that stands out? Please share it with us.

I think most of us have grown up with at least one sugar cookie. The one's I remember the most came from Betty Crocker's Cookie Cookbook. But there were other's in the book that made you drool just reading the ingredients. Mom used that book all the time and had hand-printed instructions written next to the all time favorite cookies. I would love to sit and just look through it at all the pictures and what mom had written in it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My first thought when I saw your blog title on my blog roll was ... Oh, honey, honey, you are my candy girl ... blah, blah, blah, blah! Oh yes, SUGAR, SUGAR!

Tink, you have taken me back to the first batch of cookies I EVER made by myself when in junior high school with a recipe from home economics!!! Can you say SNICKERDOODLES?

What an INCREDIBLE memory you have in your mother's handwritten instructions in the cookbook! That is SO special!

Thank you for the brief stroll down Memory Land sweetie and I wish a FABULOUS tomorrow!

Love and hugs,
Linda :-D

loonyhiker said...

It is really interesting to find old cookbooks with handwritten notes in them. I like to look for these at the flea market and yard sales. Sometimes reading them is a lot like reading someone's journal.