Friday, July 24, 2009

Kissin' Cousins

Fri 7/24 Blog Prompt: Today is Cousin’s Day. Tell about something you remember doing with your cousins either recently or when you were a young child.

We weren't kissin' cousins, but we did play well together. When we would come home to visit we would try to spend at least a night at our aunt and uncle's to play with the cousins. They had a two story playhouse in the backyard or we would convert the bedrooms to Gilligan's Island and try to figure out a way to rescue ourselves, while all the while coming up with fabulous new inventions using only palm trees and coconuts. T and I were nearly the same age, as were ddpup and S; with Bug and T2 being close in age.

Right now, though, I would like to spend more time with my cousin, Archeologist. I can just imagine the stories he would have to tell. Maybe one day soon we can get together.

3 comments:

Glynis said...

Such fun memories!

Tammy said...

I love that!! Gilligans Island. One of my fav shows.

loonyhiker said...

I wish kids nowadays would use their imagination more when playing. It seems they are just too much into "things." Your memories sounded great!