Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Moo Who

Wed 7/15 Blog Prompt: Today is Cow Appreciation Day. Tell why you appreciate a cow today.

Shhhh, don't tell my sister (she has an obsession with cows. They are all over her kitchen), but they make mighty fine eating. I personally like the filet, though I know it doesn't have the marbling which make other cuts tastier. Don't know why I prefer that cut. If I can't have the filet, a porterhouse is the next best choice (okay, I probably like the porterhouse better, but there is so much to it).

If we aren't grilling them outside, I like to wrap my filet with bacon, salt & pepper both sides, then smear butter over them. I place a large slice of vidalia onion on the bottom and top, wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for about 30-40 minutes. Yummy and tender.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm coming to your house for fillets. YEA!!

loonyhiker said...

I'm gonna join Tammy and we can head to your house! I love my steaks but I guess I like it better when someone else cooks it. I don't think I've ever cooked one before (but my culinary abilities are pretty bad.)

ax2usn said...

Cows=Bad!

VENISON=GOOD!

By the way, I recently discovered your site and it has become my First Read of the Day. I may have to start one of my own just to avoid an addiction to yours!

Harvey said...

Cows - because leather smells nice.