Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Stealth of a Child

Wed 6/17 Blog Prompt: Write a poem or story about a child stealing something.

It is hard to believe that sweet little darling with the big brown eyes could have possibly managed to grab a hold of a lollipop and keep it hidden until we were well out of the store. As I reprimanded her for her actions, big tears welled up and spilled over the long lashes that graced those eyes.

It was hard, but I knew I must stand my ground and back into the store we marched. She was required to tell the manager what she had done and then pay for the lollipop, which was promptly thrown away. I don’t think she has ever forgiven me for that day, although she probably doesn’t remember it much anymore

Miss Mae (c)Sweet Digi Scraps; Fonts: Arial Unicode, Selfish

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Tink I love that story. Bless her heart. I bet she still remembers that.

loonyhiker said...

It may have been hard at the time, but I bet you saved yourself heartache in the long run!