Tuesday, June 23, 2009

50 words for my relatives

Tue 6/23 Blog Prompt: List the names of 5-8 of your relatives and write a profile of 50 words or less for each. From creative writing prompts.

Mom-Wonderfully brilliant, devious when the need arises. Can cook like a dream. While she prefers solitude, she responds well to crowds. She reads extensively and while she did not attend college is one of the smartest people I know. She can sympathize without being overbearing.

Ddpuppies-Younger sister. Quite vivacious and lively. Unless you knew her well, you would not know that she lives with the pain of migraines. The love she feels for her husband, her dogs, her family and home radiates from her very pores.

The Bug-Baby sister. Great friend. Her world revolves around her family. She is constantly thinking up new ways to improve her children. Like me, tends to be more of a workaholic than a house person, but she is a better housekeeper, by far. Rich in knowledge.

Pan-The love of my life. The shelter in which I huddle when the world seems to dark and dreary to deal with. A great source of inspiration. He is smart, funny and good-looking. He takes his responsibilities seriously and doesn’t shirk even when they are less than pleasing to do.

The Archeologist-(my cousin for those not in the know as he is not on my list yet). Other than his father, I have never met anyone so laid back and slow to anger. He is living his dream as an archeologist. Material wealth and possession don’t figure into his life. He is content with himself. Sometimes I wish I could be more like him.

Boy this was harder than I imagined it would be. I figured limiting the number of words you used would make it easier, instead I found that I kept wanting to write. How about you?

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I loved this prompt Tink. And yes, it was harder in a few words. Your family sounds wonderful too.

loonyhiker said...

It was a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing your family with us!