Monday, June 01, 2009

Shhhh.... Listen

“Listening, not imitation, may be the sincerest form of flattery.” ~Dr. Joyce Brothers. How well do you listen? Are you intent or preoccupied?

I, personally, think I listen fairly well and am usually very intent on what is being said. I try to make sure that I can at least repeat back some of what has been said. But... Oh but, there are times when my mind wanders and just refuses to focus on what is at hand and being said. I know it is horrible, but that's just the way it is. At least it doesn't happen to often. :)

My Man ©Christy Skaggs; template ©No Reimer Reason Designs; Fonts: Shortcut; Arial Unicode

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I think I need to focus more on what people say. I like the idea of thinking if I could give a summary of what they are saying back to them. If I had to, maybe I'd pay attention better.

Tammy said...

Tink, sounds like you and I are in the same boat.