Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Dress Code Crisis

Wed 6/3 Blog Prompt: Should schools and businesses enforce a dress code? Why?

I am so ambivalent on this one. On one hand, I don’t like the idea of someone telling me what I can and cannot wear, but then I think a business/school has the right to project themselves in a professional light which includes how the employees/students dress.

I wear jeans and t-shirts to work but that was what my employer and I agreed upon for me to come back to work part-time. I know it probably irks the rest of the front office as they are to “dress up” but they are the first look people have of the business and when I worked full-time I always did.

And I definitely favor a dress code at school. That does not mean uniforms but that each student should present themselves in a decent manner that does not offend the outlying community.

Remember You (c)Doreen StolzScraplift of Vacation 09 by dropoflove; font: SF Fedora

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I agree with everything you have said! We are so alike!

Sonya said...

Very well said. When I go into my sons junior high school I'm appaled at some of the attire the girls wear.