Thursday, June 18, 2009

Leftovers Again?

Thu 6/18 Blog Prompt: Name five (5) things that have been in your refrigerator for more than a week.

Do I even want to go there? First on the list would be the Romulan Ale which as been there for several years now. Always waiting for that special occasion and it is just so darn pretty. Second on the list would be the sauerkraut. I love the stuff but just don't have enough meals planned that call for it. So it gets relegated to the back of the fridge until the next time I need it and realize that it has expired and have to buy more anyway.

Third is my tube of wasabi. It's not like we eat sushi every day and even if we did, I would be the only one eating the it. I think it's due to be replaced too. Four... suppositories for nausea. These were for Indy and I don't think they ever got used. Probably need to rid myself of them as well. And finally, but not least, mayonnaise. The regular kind. I discovered the one made with olive oil and just cannot make myself use the other. I can see potato salad or deviled eggs in my future :)

A Moment in Time (c)Dani Alencar; Template by PencilLines; Font: Daisy Script

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Old beer/ale is great to use when cooking shrimp too. I like sauerkraut but it really doesn't go well with dishes with conflicting tastes.

Unknown said...

LOL. I can see using bright blue ale on a shrimp dish. I think it would remind me of Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham book.