Monday, June 15, 2009

Financially Sound

Mon 6/15 Blog Prompt: e e cummings once remarked, “I’m living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart.” Do you find that more people today are living beyond their income? Are you?

We occasionally live a little beyond our income but not often and not by much. Pan is so good at keeping a budget and sticking to it. He even pays more than is required. But I do think more and more people are living way beyond their income and I think credit card companies and banks are contributing to that factor as they are constantly extending credit to those who really can’t afford it. I also think a lot of people really don’t understand the concept of credit. Marines have to go through a course on finances; maybe we should implement it in high school as well.

Girl I'm Fallin (c)Colie's Corner; Fonts: Ginga, Arial Unicode

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

I believe in our state that finance is a required subject now but I'm not sure if it is a separate course. The problem with this is that many of the younger teachers don't really understand it either!