Monday, May 14, 2007

Tribulations of Me: A Scrapbooking Challenge

Karen of Scraps of Mind has posed a challenge for scrapbookers everywhere. Fortunately it is the same challenge SNL's Blast from the Past is this month. So I can peg two birds with one golf ball.

Here is a layout of me. One picture is from my marriage to Pan in 1989; the other is a picture of Pan, the Ballerina, Scamp, Honey and me on Waikiki Beach in December 2006.


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


And what it says:
Hopes, Dreams & Aspirations
So many years, so many dreams. By the time you have reached half a century, many of your dreams, hopes & aspirations have either been realized or discarded. But one dream still lives from childhood days. To be an astronomer. It was what I majored in at college and maybe one day I'll go back and finish.

Husbands, Kids & Pets
Two husband, 3 kids, 3 grandkids and numerous pets have wandered through my life. Glad to be rid of husband #one and fortunate to be married to Hubby #two. Three fabulous kids who by their acts make me proud to be their mother. Two granddaughters & one grandson are my world now.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaay Tink!!

Congratulations on being the first to post. You go to the top of the list.

That's a fabulous picture of you. Ultra Glamorous. And it's great to see all you family after having read so much about them.

Anonymous said...

Great "me" layout - love the photo, and the journalling!

Anonymous said...

I love the colours and the squared layout. I bow to the journaling, that's the hardest part for me.

Mackey said...

You did a marvelous job with you "me" layout Tink! I love the colors you have selected and the design of the page is terrific! Great page!

Anne-Marie said...

Oooh, gorgeous LO!

Jo said...

Great AAM page:) That's a great example of good journaling!

Anonymous said...

Love the journaling and the photos - glad you took the challenge - we all need to do it more! :)

Anonymous said...

Tink,

This is great. This is a challenge that my friend and I are going to do later in the summer, so I appreciate the inspiration.

Sharon said...

Very cool layout- I hope you attain your dream - it sounds like a very cool ambition :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my layout. I love your layout story, and I hope you can fulfill your special dream!