Monday, May 07, 2007

Scrapbook Tribulations of a Comically Dinner Ghost

Thurs 5/3 Blog Prompt: You have heard that the President and his wife of an obscure country is coming to visit and picked you (and your family if you want) to have dinner with. You can decide to cook for them or order in or take them out. What 5 dishes would you want them to taste? They can be any part of a meal (appetizers, main dish, vegetables, salads, desserts) or all of one type (all desserts for example).

What a great prompt. And for at least one dish I have something to fall back on. When Scamp was visiting his in-laws in Japan, he called me for the recipe for Chicken and Dumplings. My list would then look something like this:

Chicken and Dumplings
Turnip Greens with scallions and cornbread
Meatloaf
Pan's hamburgers and finally
Grilled steaks with Heritage tomato & mozzarella salad

I think I'm getting hungry.

Fri 5/4 Blog Prompt: Tomorrow is Free Comic Book Day where I live (see http://www.freecomicbookday.com/ch_timeline.asp) Hopefully this will be easier for y'all. Who are your 5 Favorite Comic/Cartoon characters?

Okay, I have to admit, I love Superman, okay, not really Superman, but Clark Kent. Yeah I know he is not the super hero; but to have to keep such a secret and still act normal. That is amazing. We watch Smallville and have the Lois and Clark series on dvd. Oh you want 4 more? Ohhhh and they don't have to be superheroes? Not that that really helps.

2. Batman
3. Jughead
4. Smurfs
5. Green Arrow

Weekend Blogging 5/5-5/6: I posted a layout to commemorate National Scrapbooking Day brought to us by Karooch.

I didn't get to participate on any online activities or even paper activities since I had been on the road and at Universal Studios that day. Though if you look below you can find a layout I did of my nephew, Tot.

Mon 5/7 Blog Prompt: What do you think about ghosts?

Not much as long as they leave me alone. Actually I'm not really sure how I feel about them. Being as that I have never really seen one, I can't discount that others may have.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Good menu!! You must be from the south. Superhero lover!! Gotta love that and I hope you have fun! *waves from Central Florida*

Anonymous said...

You picked a great set of comicbook characters!!!! Though, I don'tknow how you couldn't list Wonder Woman (argh!) lol. Superman I love also, he's just very endearing, although he isn't the brightest bulb in the superhero box....

Anonymous said...

Ah Jughead...the thinking woman's superhero.
Hey Tink, love the menu. When can I come round?

loonyhiker said...

Great posts. I love chicken and dumplings (especially at Cracker Barrel). I'm coming to your house for dinner. I liked Jughead too.

Anonymous said...

I'm taking the foreigners to KFC.

Now THAT'S American! :-)